FACTS ABOUT LONG TERM CARE
What is the average time length of LTC claims?
What triggers the need for LTC? ADLs Ė Activities of Daily Living that you canít do. In other words, doing 2 or more of the following unpleasant honkers:
- A little over 40% last less than a year.
- Of those lasting more than a year, the average time is 3.9 years.
- About 16% last more than 5 years.
Not being able to:
- Get around,
- Not drop a load in your pants, toileting etc
MORE FACTS ABOUT LONG TERM CARE
What are some common reasons that cause loss of ability to do ADLs ?
What are ways to use LTC coverage/services?
- Heart & Lung Issues,
- In Laws (no scientific proof on this one, but you have to wonderÖ)
- In home
- Adult Day Health Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing Facility